Friday, July 9, 2010

Through the Big Horn Mountains

This is Andy speaking.
Yesterday we set up off the Big Horn Mountains. We climbed, and climbed, and climbed. Thirty miles up. At five miles an hour we climbed just about all day.

The views though made it all worth it. I have never seen such lush forests. A sea of pines. I had also never seen snow in July. By the time we got up to 10,000 feet we would have been cold had we not been working so hard.

Then we went down. Maybe the most euphoric hour and a half of my life 30 miles down through a prestine lake, ten sleep canyon, and lots and lots of peaks.

In so few words I was more pleased with life than I had been in some time.

What a day.
We made camp in a pastor's yard and slept quite well.
These pictures are not ours because my camera died, but this is what we saw yesterday. This guy is a better photographer is than us anyhow...











2 comments:

  1. I'd forgotten just how beautiful it was there!! Thanks for the pics even though they're not yours! :) Mom got sick riding in the car on all those switchbacks....but Dad and I thought it was pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used this post as the introduction for my sermon on Sunday.

    http://www.curwensvillealliance.org/?p=712

    And then I tied it in as the wrap-up.

    Thanks, Andy!

    ~Steve

    ReplyDelete